Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Bloggers I Read, But Don't Like

1. dennisthepeasant.typepad.com

Smart, funny, and cynical. What's not to love? He's a Republican when any decent person should have left the party by now. (What can you say about a party where the majority likes torture and doesn't believe in evolution except that it deserves to fail.) He's a little too wrapped up in his schtick that people don't care about the big picture and only care about local issues. One other thing that both makes me love and hate him is that he is the only blogger who has cared enough to ban me.

2. pandabearmd.com

He is spot on when he is talking about alternative medicine, the dysfunctional hospital beauracracy, or the process of becoming a doctor. He's an ass when he's talking politics, malpractice, or about his patients.

3. althouse.blogspot.com

Actually I used to read her more often, but now she is such a self-parody that I just cruise by to see the wrecks.

4. volokh.com

Again, this is another site that I've lost a lot of interest in. Only Orin Kerr is worthwhile at this point and he's still a Republican.

5. samefacts.com

The opposite of volokh. I actually like this site and the bloggers a lot, but they are a little bit too willing to believe the good in others for my taste. That would be ok as it goes (Brad Delong has the same issue) but what makes it hard to forgive is that too often they will attack people they perceive as being too extreme (Duncan Black) and defend people who should be shunned (Eugene Volokh).

Five's enough for now. Maybe some day I'll get a real blogroll to put the sites that I truly love. The one that would be at the top of the list though would be nurseknits.blogspot.com. This site is a little raw at times, but written by a person who you can tell is just lovely in real life.

1 Comments:

At December 25, 2007 at 9:16 PM , Blogger woolywoman said...

Well, I guess I could try to cook things more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home